Friday, March 29, 2013

Korean Invasion in the Philippines

 Hello! I just want to share my experience on how Koreans are like here in the Philippines. I want to talk about this topic because I just love Korean culture and I go somewhat amazed whenever I meet Koreans in the streets. Yes, there sure is a lot of Koreans here nowadays. But since it's vacation time here, I guess Koreans went back to their motherland because I don't see a lot of them here now.



Today, Koreans' presence in the Philippines is very visible. From the northern places in Luzon down to Mindanao.

Baguio City is one of the places that Koreans love to go. They go here to learn English Language. Why in Philippines? They choose to study in the Philippines because in Korea, going to school there is very expensive. Meanwhile, education in the Philippines is cheaper yet, the quality of education is good.

Korean shops in the Philippines is quite numerous too. On the positive side, the Philippines benefit from the Koreans because it helps in the economy of the said country. It will also strengthen the relationship between Korea and the Philippines. As time goes on, will there be any negative effect? What if on the next days, Korean shops are more numerous than  the stalls of the country itself? That would be a problem of course.

Let's talk about Korean people's attitude. Based on my observations and from my readings, most Koreans are not that sociable. They are only sociable with other Koreans too. I don't know what is the reason behind that though. While on malls and/or by the streets, some Koreans in the Philippines are also not that disciplines. They tend to be loud at times. Maybe they should also learn and observe manners when they are staying on another country. But we, as a non-Korean citizen can understand that though. For me, I don't mind them having that attitude. Why? Because of course, I love those Kpop groups! As a result, I should also learn to love other Koreans too! LOL! xD

Their language. It's quite intriguing! The uniqueness of their language is really different from the language of the Philippines which is Tagalog. I am always curious what Koreans are talking about whenever I hear them. That's why I'm trying to learn Hangul by watching their dramas and through the internet.

Next topic, about their skin complexion. Oh my! I just admire their skin complexion! Whenever I see Koreans, I just can't help but envy those Korean women with beautiful fair complexion. I was just wandering, is it because of what they eat that they have fair skin? (well, is that true?) keke!

Oh well, different countries have different culture. Maybe it's just their nature, which is different from Filipinos that makes a barrier. I would be grateful to have Korean friends soon. Looking forward to it.. ^^




This post is OPINIONATED and is based on a person's point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment